The Dance Center’s Priority Access program focuses on engaging and supporting BIPOC artists and companies. As part of our commitment to undoing systemic racism in the dance community, we acknowledge our own privilege around access to space and resources and are committed to prioritizing and sharing these with BIPOC artists. Priority Access accepts applications once per year in September. Once accepted, the cohort term lasts for the full calendar year.
Qualifying artists/companies will have access to:
- Rehearsal space for $10/hr, which can be booked up to THREE months in advance.
- Additional months will open on the 1st of each month.
- All bookings have a 2-hour minimum.
- Up to 100 hours per calendar year of priority access to space.
- $2 off discount to drop-in classes for all dance rehearsal participants the day of your rehearsal
- Access to free, ongoing professional development training and performance opportunities
To qualify, you will need to be:
- A dance artist/company who identifies as BIPOC
- An independent dance artist/company with an annual budget under $1 million
- Using space for dance rehearsal/creation of work
To find out when the next application period opens, please click here.