This free program is designed for 13-18 year olds interested in dance, production, and arts administration. Students will delve deeply into each of these fields, gaining valuable experience and exposure in New York City’s performing arts arena. Participants, selected through application, meet weekly with faculty and staff at the Mark Morris Dance Center, Artistic Director Mark Morris, and Dance Group company members. Each week focuses on the study of modern dance technique as well as a dance elective and developing practical skills in arts administration. The program culminates in a 3-week summer performance lab that is student-driven, created, and produced, leading to a final performance in the James & Martha Duffy Performance Space at the Mark Morris Dance Center. Students will also have the option to continue their study through myriad opportunities with MMDG and beyond. To find more information on audition dates and company requirements, visit the Arts Immersion page on our website.
Articles in this section
- What do you offer for my child (4 to 6 years)?
- What do you offer for my child (6 to 13 years)?
- What do you offer for my teenager (13 to 18 years)?
- What is the Student Company?
- What is Arts Immersion?
- Do you offer summer programming or dance camps?
- Do you offer classes for adults?
- What prerequisites are required for the Children and Teens program?
- How do I know what the correct level placement is for my child?
- Can my child (ages 4-18) try a class before I register for the School Year?